Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital (MRRH) is a public health facility responsible for providing comprehensive specialized services in south western Uganda. MRRH invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancies on contract that exist under the USAID Government to Government Assistance to Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital Activity.
|TITLE||ASSISTANT PROGRAM COORDINATOR Ref HRM3/APC/09/22|
|No of vacancies Salary Scale Reports to Purpose||One |
Responsible for supporting the Project Coordinator and Head ISS Clinic with management initiatives and G2G project teams made up of internal and external resources to deliver program solutions and services to the department.
Good understanding of the quality improvement framework of MOH and quality improvement principles
|•The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine|
• A Masters Degree in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Child Health, Public Health
• Must be registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental practitioner’s association and have a valid practicing licence.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in HIV/AIDS prevention, care & treatment, MNCH, Family Planning, Nutrition and malaria programs.
• Knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring Malaria, MNCH, PMTCT, clinical care and Pediatric care programs is an added advantage. Good understanding of the quality improvement framework of MOH and quality improvement principles
• Good knowledge of the decentralized health system and community structures.
• Sound understanding of current issues and developments in the field of Malaria, MNCH, TB and HIV/AIDS.
• Strong skills in teamwork and networking. Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
Duties and responsibilities
• Assists the Programs Coordinator with tracking the project activities and timelines to ensure timely implementation of planned activities and other activities as highlighted below:
• Participates in improving the quality of and access to MNCH, Family Planning, HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition services by adopting and institutionalizing quality improvement and Site Improvement Systems and Monitoring (SIMS) approaches.
• Participates in capacity building site teams through organizing and conducting mentoring and coaching; CMEs and occasionally formal trainings.
• Strengthens the quality of health services and data through supportive supervision and monitoring visit to the different units within the hospital.
• Give technical assistance and mentorship to staff and also to lower health facilities in TB, HIV/AIDS care and treatment and other QI collaboratives including MCH and Nutrition.
• Participate in process of data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of project activity monitoring data through monthly and quarterly data verification and auditing visits.
• Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data, through the quarterly review meetings; guide the identification of performance gaps and development of remedial actions.
• Assists in identifying, documenting, disseminating and scaling up best practices in Malaria, MNCH, Family Planning, Nutrition, HIV prevention, PMTCT and C&T.
• Participates or take lead in organizing regional meetings for involving districts and other IPs in the region.
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of detailed project plan to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion.
• In consultation with the Programs Coordinator, revises and documents revised project workplans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Prepares and submits project status reports to management in a timely manner.
• Schedules and conducts project management meetings to include logistics, agendas, and meeting minutes.
• Conducts regularly scheduled project status update meetings.
• Develops process workflows as it relates to assigned projects and/or to support internal process improvement initiatives, with appropriate guidance.
• Participate in capacity building of other staff in data collection, analysis and use.
•Organize, and attend local, regional and national meetings
• Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
|TITLE||Medical Officer Ref: HRM3/MO/09/22|
|No of vacancies Salary Scale PURPOSE Reports to Responsible for||One U4 Med -1 |
To provide curative and preventive health care services
|Personal Specifications||•Must have MBCHB or its equivalent from a recognized institution.|
•Must be registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practioners Council and poses a practicing licence
•Training in HIV/AIDS, and TB management Training in Counselling is an added advantage
•Understanding of current issues and developments in the field of HIV/AIDS and especially pediatric and adult ART, PMTCT and HCT.
•Strong skills in teamwork and networking. Good verbal communication and writing skills.
•High standards of professional Code of Conduct and Ethics
|Duties and responsibilities||•Participate in Planning and budgeting activities|
•Diagnosing, treating and referring patients
•Accounting for resources allocated
•Participate in outreach health programs
•Participate in continuous professional development
•Adhering to professional Code of Conduct and Ethics
•Compiling and Submitting reports.
•Streamline processes and systems for service provision and improve the overall quality of integrated health services.
•Provide health information to clients through health education.
•S/he will participate in the development and implementation of HIV/AIDS and TB Clinic work plans and provide technical support and mentoring to staff in the hospital and lower facilities in the region.
•S/he will ensure that the services are provided in a high quality, patient-centered manner, resulting in excellent patient and fiscal outcomes.
•Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
|TITLE||Data Assistant REF: HRM3/DA/O9/22|
|No of vacancies Salary Scale Reports to Responsible for||One U5 Sc Biostatistician Records Clerks|
|Personal Specifications||A minimum of a Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Medical records, Statistics library and information Science from any recognized institution.|
|Duties and responsibilities||1. Liaise with the different unit in–charges to ensure completeness of data on the patient files, the registers (ANC, Maternity, Post natal, Exposed Infant Register, HCT register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child Register) are complete. Working with different health unit’s departments in ensuring that timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers and is submitted to the DHO, hospital and MoH by verifying all data before submission. The data/reports pertains to: HIV Care & Treatment program, PMTCT including EID and TB and TB/HIV, HIV Counselling and Testing, Nutrition and Malaria|
2. Receiving and responding to enquiries and requests relating to data.
3. Data entry into the hospital information systems, Updating, maintaining and retrieving and analysis for development and compilation of various reports.
4. Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data before it is entered into the project database.
5. Maintains hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the program, research protocols, ensure the store/back up in an appropriate location completed reports/documents
6. Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re- enters verified data.
7. Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress of quality improvement interventions.
8. Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI team at health facility
9. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
|TITLE||Medical Social Worker Ref: HRM3/MSW/09/22|
|No of vacancies Salary Scale PURPOSE Reports to||One |
Support psychosocial services at the HIV/AIDS clinic
Senior Medical Social Worker
|Person Specifications||•Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Worker and Social Administration, counselling from a recognized University. |
•Must be computer literate
•Working with YAPS in a busy HIV clinic setting.
•Knowledge in design of child safety and protection guidelines will also be an added advantage.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities||•Participating in planning, Monitoring and Evaluation of social work activities •Offering psychosocial support, social care and emotional therapy |
•Working closely with M&E team to ensure that data collected and reported is of quality
•Interviews patients’ families, friends, neighbors and opinion leaders so as to obtain information pertaining to the social, economic, environmental and emotional difficulties of the patients which influence their diagnosis.
•Carries out professional counseling to patients and their families in order to alleviate anxieties and assists them to go through difficult emotional stressors associated with illness and such injury as disfigurement, permanent disability, an uncertain future as in the case of unwanted motherhood or fatherhood as well as abandonment.
•Home visiting clients that need psycho social support
•Enables patients to participate fully in health care provision by assisting them understand their individual treatment and obligations to enhance effectiveness and maximum benefit.
•Gives timely advice to the medical team concerning the social- economic situation of the affected patient
•Ensure linkage of clients to services that they need.
|Position||Enrolled Nurse Ref: HRM3/EN/09/22|
|No of vacancies Salary Scale PURPOSE Reports to Work place||1 |
To carry out day to day activities of patient care
Assistant Nursing Officer
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital
|Person Specifications||•Must have Enrolled Nursing Certificate from a recognized Institution. Must be •Enrolled with the UNMC and hold a valid practicing licence|
|Key Duties and Responsibilities||•Participate in continuous coverage on wards/units,|
•Administer treatment as prescribed
•Carry out nursing procedures.
•Carry out observations, keep proper records and ensure their safe custody.
•Participate in ward rounds.
•Receive and register patients/clients.
•Prepare patients for meals and participate in serving them.
•Adhere to aseptic procedures
•Adhere to ethical professional conduct.
•Carry out health education
•Participate in primary health care activities
The following competencies are required of all candidates
- Planning, organizing and coordinating
- Information communication technology
- Report Writing
- Effective Communication
- Ethics and Integrity
- Concern for quality and standards
- Public Relations and Customer care
- Results oriented
- Time management
Interested candidates should download and fill PSC FORM 3, scan and submit to the Hospital Director on email firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight am of 21st of October 2022, together with copies of academic transcripts, relevant certificates where applicable, a copy of national Identity card postal address and a daytime telephone contact. All applicants are advised to deal with the hospital and any sort of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For clarifications, reach out to the following officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mbarara regional referral hospital
Po box 40, Mbarara,