Safe care commitment
Mbarara Regional referral Hospital is committed to providing the care you need—and we are taking unprecedented steps to keep you safe.
We SCREEN to protect you, your families and our staff:
- We screen all employees daily—anyone with symptoms of a possible respiratory illness is not allowed to return to work until they are better
- On arrival, we screen all patients and visitors for symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection
- Admitted patients are tested for COVID-19 prior to admission and screened daily for symptoms
- Outpatients are screened prior to and upon arrival, and if symptomatic, are cared for via virtual visits or in designated areas where we use Center for Disease Control-recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) and implement infection control policies
- We limit visitors coming into the hospital and clinics, and screen visitors for symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection. We ask visitors with symptoms to defer their visits
We CLEAN our hands and spaces, and make it easy for you to do the same:
- We have established cleaning protocols throughout Mbarara Hospital.
- We have added hand sanitizer stations so patients, visitors and staff can clean their hands easily and frequently, and provided visual reminders to practice hand hygiene.
We PROTECT everyone in our environment:
- We require all people on campus—employees, patients and visitors—to wear a hospital-issued surgical mask
- We have rearranged spaces to accommodate physical distancing by removing chairs from waiting rooms and, in some areas, installing plexiglass barriers
Additional safety measures that we have implemented include:
- Adding staff on-site to help guide our patients between appointments
- Developing and implementing infection control policies to care for patients with suspected and confirmed COVID-19
- Requiring employees who are able to work remotely to do so
- Cancelling all business travel, domestic and international travel for staff
Please call your provider’s office if you have any questions about your safety as it relates to your care or the environment at Mbarara Hospital.