Dr. Celestine Barigye was appointed Director of the Mbarara Regional and Referral Hospital in December 2014. Prior to this appointment he served as the Technical and Personal Assistant to the Honorable Minister of Health, Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda. Other career highlights include: an appointment as Bushenyi District Health Officer, lecturer at Kampala International University, hospital board member and, active member of several academic and administrative committees. His research interests include infectious diseases with attention to HIV, malaria, pneumonia and diarrhea in developing countries. Dr. Barigye graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Science (MBchB) from the Mbarara University of Science and Technology where he also completed his internship training. He went on to receive a Masters in Public Health with a concentration in International Health at Melbourne University, Australia.
- REPORT ON THE STATUS OF COVID-19 RESPONSE TO THE HON. MINISTER OF STATE FOR HEALTH (GENERAL DUTIES)
- Director with a visiting teams; CDC Atlanta, CDC Uganda, Rhites SW, MOH and Bailer
- REPORT ON THE STATUS OF COVID-19 RESPONSE TO THE MEMBERS OF THE PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE
- MGH donates equipment and supplies to support start up the Covid-19 treatment unit at Mbarara RRH
- THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AMBASSADOR VISITS MBARARA REGIONAL REFERRAL HOSPITAL